Monday, June 23, 2008

I a big kid

For lunch on Father’s Day, we stopped at Woodman’s, a neat old seafood restaurant in Essex. We ordered way more food than we could eat: a crab roll for Mama, a clam roll for Dada, and a kid’s clam strip meal for Caden. Caden ate a few clams and made a valiant effort on his fries, but Dada ended up with enough to eat for both lunch and dinner.

Caden has been trying on “titles” for himself these past few weeks. He seldom calls himself a baby
anymore, and really wants to be a “big kid.” When he does something correctly, especially if he’s really pleased with himself, he’ll announce,“I a big kid!” Sometimes, he teases Mama and Dada and says, “I adult!” He also throws “toddler” into the mix. It can get pretty silly at times.

Lately, he has been saying “I a big kid” a lot when he uses his potty chair or goes to the bathroom using the big toilet. And, best of all as far as he is concerned, he gets to flush when he’s finished.

In other news, our last swimming lesson was this past week. Classes run for six weeks, and we’re leaving for California in just over three weeks, so we’ll have to wait until we get back for more fun in the pool. As you can see, Caden loves the water!


Big kid potty
Eating clams with Dada






1 comment:

Mark said...

You guys look sweet in your matching swimming caps! Have a great trip to California.