
Today, Caden reached his five-month milestone. He spent most of the day with Daddy (Mommy was at the lab). On one of our walks, we went to the Post Office, and Daddy set Caden on the scale to see how much he weighed. It was hard to tell, since Caden was wearing a cozy outfit for our morning walk, but it looks like he weighs about 17 pounds now. According to the information on the scale, that means it would cost about $13 to mail Caden to Corvallis and about $20 to mail him to Petersburg. Reminds us of a certain John McCutcheon song...
Austin Creek Picnic
On Saturday, our friends Mark and Anne drove up from Oakland to spend the day with us. We started the day at Hard Core Organic, a funky coffeeshop, then went to the flea market where we found Caden some new socks. We then packed a picnic lunch and headed for Austin Creek, where we hoped to find some swimmable pools. We found a good, shady spot for a picnic, then tried--somewhat desparately--to find a place to swim. Matt and Mark found a small, but sufficiently deep hole under a bridge, though it was more of a plunge pool. Caden enjoyed dipping his toes in the water.

Weekly update
This week, little Caden has been doing a lot more sitting up (see the photo above), and he rolled over from his back to his tummy while we were snuggling in bed one morning. He has also become increasingly interested in Mommy and Daddy's food. For example, one afternoon, Daddy was drinking a ginger ale, and Caden decided that he wanted to share:
"Yum! I like drinking from a cup."


1 comment:
Hello to you all from Great-Grandfather Ray,
The pictures are beautiful and I enjoy checking the blog for updates. I will continue to check back and see new pictures. I got a little help from Monica to see the updates. I'm at her house right now and I am enjoying the stay very much. I even slept for 7 whole hours. We are having cofffee, eating cereal, and having some juice while looking at the blog and reading the paper. Thinking of you and love you very much.
Love you,
Great-Grandfather Ray
Post a Comment